Sunday, August 29, 2010

New season, semester and transitions

The nest isn't quite empty in the way our front porch robins managed it along (twice!) this summer, but the transition from being mom and dad of a high schooler to that of a college coed is more difficult than I ever imagined.  I know many are in the same boat.  It is an emotional ride-  a "tour de France" in the art of parenting.  We'll all make it, I know...
Graduation!

The hip is back as good as it could be. No ill effects. My concerns about working in the studio are just a memory. As with an earlier surgery, I am impressed with the skill and craftsmanship these surgeons possess.

After a summer of production (I must be getting older- the hot studio doesn't bother me as before) and relaxation (a beautiful week on the Cape), I hope to get the salt kiln arch redone so I begin to fire the work made. The recent porcelain work is in need of a good salting. I have a good inventory of bisque; the wood kiln is ready to go. I hope find the time to develop some new glazes and tweak the ash glazes in the studio. Except for the tuition bills,  I am excited about the coming year.





No comments:

Post a Comment